1. We constantly have to justify why we are traveling the world instead of working a nine-to-five.
2. We have to sleep in dorm rooms with complete strangers who fart and snore and do the sideways dance.
3. We must use mosquito spray or risk getting malaria or dengue fever.
4. We can never make any plans because shit happens all the time.
5. We have to wear the same stained clothes over and over again.
6. We have to think about every dollar we spend because every dollar we spend brings us that much closer to having to work again.
7. We have to haggle and bargain even with poor people because every penny counts.
8. We can’t visit any of the seven wonders of the world without thousands of other travelers ruining the perfect picture.
9. We have to walk around with a huge backpack for hours just to find the cheapest hostel.
10. We have to watch our favourite movies and shows on our phone with headphones on.
11. We have to eat rice or pasta more often than we care to.
12. We have to bring toilet paper everywhere we go because finding toilets with paper is considered luxury.
13. We have to learn something new all the time… and here we thought we graduated from school already.
14. We constantly have to listen to people tell us how lucky we are… when clearly you know how unlucky we are!!
15. We are constantly getting scammed by people who think of us as walking money bags.
16. We can never be sure about our food because each bite could lead to food poisoning.
17. We have to take ten hour bus rides to the next town because flying would cost an extra $30.
18. We have the same conversation over and over again. Oh, what did you say your favorite country was?
19. We have to carry our life on our backs.
20. We have to take cold showers and can’t flush our poopy toilet paper down the toilet.
21. We have to learn new languages because English is not really a universal language.
22. We have to travel to different countries just to find happiness.
23. And of course, the main reason we are unlucky is because being lucky would mean we didn’t choose this life of travel, it chose us!